CME CF Cryptocurrency Benchmarks
Trade cryptocurrencies with greater confidence by capitalizing on enhanced pricing information from standardized, regulated reference rates and spot price indices, developed in partnership with CF Benchmarks.
Registered and regulated
Aligned to European Benchmarks Regulation (EU BMR), to enhance credibility and help facilitate greater market access globally.
Follows a robust, publicly available calculation methodology that is overseen regularly by a committee of industry experts.
Continuous daily pricing proven through high volatility periods. Published every day, every second for Real-Time Indices and once per day at key regional hours for Reference Rates.
Two new APAC Reference Rates
Now live: Enjoy greater price transparency on bitcoin and ether with new APAC Reference Rates, published at 4:00 p.m. Hong Kong/Singapore time.
CME CF Reference Rates and Real-Time Indices
View prices on the suite of CME CF Cryptocurrency benchmarks, covering some of the most rapidly growing markets. These offerings are designed to help facilitate price discovery and accelerate the professionalization of cryptocurrency trading.
Reference rates are published at 4:00 p.m. London time. Bitcoin and ether rates are also published at 4:00 p.m. New York time and 4:00 p.m. Hong Kong/Singapore time. Cryptocurrency futures and options are cash-settled to the 4:00 p.m. London time reference rates.
Interested in trading crypto products? Learn more about the CME Group suite of tradeable futures and options for Bitcoin and Ether:
NY reference rates are only available for Bitcoin and Ether.
CME GROUP and the CME GROUP GLOBE LOGO are trademarks of Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. All other names, logos, and designs are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- Aggregate the trade flow of major cryptocurrencies on spot exchanges during specific calculation windows into daily reference rates of the fiat price of select cryptocurrencies.
- Calculation rules built to maximize transparency and replicability in the underlying spot markets.
- Designed around best practices for financial benchmarks.
- Published at 4 p.m. London time (all CME CF Reference Rates) and 4 p.m. New York (BRRNY and ETHUSD_NY).
- BRR and ETHUSD_RR are used to settle the associated CME futures contracts.
- Aggregate global demand to buy and sell cryptocurrencies into a consolidated order book and reflect the fair, instantaneous fiat price.
- Based on forward-looking input data and designed for low latency and timeliness.
- Suitable for marking portfolios, executing intra-day transactions and risk management.
Explore Cryptocurrency market data services
Browse cryptocurrency data packages to help you capitalize on the enhanced pricing information from standardized, regulated reference rates and real-time indices. Use cryptocurrency data including Bitcoin futures and Ether futures to power your trading applications or to structure new products.
Manage cryptocurrency exposure
Manage risk, express a view, and unlock capital efficiencies with market-leading Cryptocurrency products.
Bitcoin futures and options
Trade a view of bitcoin with the first cryptocurrency futures and options launched by CME Group.
Micro Bitcoin futures and options
Discover the precision and efficiency of trading bitcoin using a contract 1/10 the size of one bitcoin.
Ether futures and options
Efficiently manage exposure to the second largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization.
Micro Ether futures and options
Enjoy the same features of larger Ether futures at a fraction of the size and lower margins.
Research and analysis
Get our experts' perspectives on current trends.
Learn about cryptocurrencies
Deepen your understanding of the rapidly growing cryptocurrency markets and the ways to trade them.
Contact a data expert
Connect with a member of our team or subscribe to get the latest updates on our crypto products and services.