Explore our suite of tools designed to facilitate capital efficiencies for a capital-constrained world.
Reduce counterparty credit risk
CME Clearing acts as the counterparty to every trade, mitigating bilateral counterparty credit risk. As cleared positions do not require bilateral credit, you can free up credit lines.
Improve capital ratios, lower charges
Where it makes sense to use cleared instruments in place of uncleared exposures, you can improve capital ratios and lower regulatory fees associated with bilateral positions.
Increase operational efficiency
Add the efficiency of working with one leading clearinghouse for futures, options, cleared OTC transactions, and cash, across multiple asset classes for your clearing needs.
Get simple, easy-to-use tools for integrating with or connecting to powerful margin engines. The CME Clearing Online Risk Engine (CORE) Margin API is licensed to more than 80 entities.
CME Margin Services has saved market participants as much as $2.34 billion in overnight funding costs, and provided indicative margin savings up to 89%.
Futures and Options
- Verify margin for all CME Group futures and options (NYMEX, COMEX, CME, CBOT)
- Execute 'What-if' margin analysis on hypothetical portfolios
- Forecasted current end of day margin analysis (test environment only)
Interest Rate Swaps and Swaptions
- Verify margin for CME-cleared or hypothetical IRS positions
- IRS Portfolio margin optimization analysis to receive margin savings
- Incremental VAR and 'What if' analysis to see margin impacts
- Verify margin for CME-cleared or hypothetical NDFs, CSFs and FX option positions
- Indicative Margin Requirements available through “Margin Matrix” on homepage
Accessible via any web browser
CME CORE is an interactive margin calculator that allows you to calculate and evaluate initial margin requirements for all CME Group products, both listed and OTC.
Getting Started with CME CORE
To access CME CORE, you will need a CME Group Login ID. To obtain a CME Group Login ID:
- Your user ID
- The asset class for which you want interactive margin calculations
Integrate with CME Group-hosted margin engines via common REST interface
The Margin Service API is designed to give you direct access to CME Clearing initial margin engines for portfolios. Users can pass through their portfolios of all CME cleared products for initial margin and incremental margin calculation. It also provides features such as interest rate portfolio margin savings and margin estimation.
The API has five main endpoints: analytics, margin, portfolio, transactions, and all-in-one. Each endpoint supports the standard GET, POST, PUT, and DELETE HTTP functions.
Install CME Group-provided software to run calculations locally
Deployable margin software enables you to:
- Interact with CME Group margin model
- Compute initial margin requirement on cleared or hypothetical portfolios
- Reconcile end-of-day margin requirements with CME Group
- Integrate calculation capabilities with proprietary risk management systems
- Control performance, scalability and flexibility
Services for CCPs include:
- SPAN RM Clearing
- Licensing SPAN™ from CME Group
CME Clearing serves as the neutral counterparty to every futures, option, and OTC trade, ensuring market integrity and reducing risk. Learn about the integral role we play in the global marketplace.
We offer a comprehensive set of sophisticated tools and safeguards to protect customers and clearing firms and maintain market integrity.
Explore our comprehensive portfolio of trading applications, infrastructure, global connectivity, and data services needed throughout the trading lifecycle.
Contact a Clearing team member
To decide which tools and services will work best for you, contact us.