User Help System
Globex Firm ID
Using the BrokerTec Requests - Globex Firm ID self-service function, authorized users can create and manage Globex Firm IDs (GFID), which identifies market participants and is used to segregate customer or business unit activity. A GFID is the Globex equivalent of the legacy BrokerTec firm signature.
- In addition to the GFID, Globex User Signature (GUS) setup is required. A GUS identifies a person authorized to manage the GFID and submit orders.
- An entity can have more than one GFID for each venue / market.
- A GFID and associated GUS can only be assigned to one company
The following instructions describe the process how to set up a Globex Firm ID (GFID). This identifier is used to segregate customer or business unit activity.
A GFID is the Globex equivalent of the legacy BrokerTec firm signature.
To create a GFID, select BrokerTec Requests from the Request Center menu, and select Globex Firm IDs.
Watch a short video that describes and illustrates the process to view and create Globex Firm IDs (GFID).
- To create a Globex Firm ID:
- From the Request Center menu, select BrokerTec Requests >Globex Firm IDs.
The Globex Firm IDs page opens in a new tab.
- On Globex Firm ID page, select Create Globex Firm ID.
- Enter GFID information in four steps: 1. GFID Information, 2. Order Entry, 3. Market Data, 4. Confirm / Submit.
- Step 1: GFID Information
- Globex Firm ID Name: Specify a unique (at the entity) market participant name.
- Effective Date: Defaults to today.
The time is represented in US Central Time. As applicable, adjust for your own time zone.
- Market: BrokerTec US or BrokerTec EU
BrokerTec EU has additional fields and setup requirements.
- Administrative Group (AG): A logical grouping of GFIDs, which is used for administrative and service management for the legal entity. A designated individual is assigned entitlements to group GFIDs and manage their details.
- Step 2: Order Entry Products
- Order Entry Access Groups: Select product(s) that can be traded or none; to continue creating a GFID without trading privileges.
REPO product requests require CME Group review and approval prior to completion.
- Step 3: Market Data
- Market Data Access Groups: Includes order entry products.
- Volume Weighted Average Price: This option may incur extra fees for the selected market data product(s). For additional details, refer to Market Data service license types and costs on the BrokerTec Portal.
- Additional Market Data Product Groups: Select additional products to view market data; these may be products not selected in the order entry screen.
Review entered information. As necessary, Edit GFID details.
- To finalize, select Confirm and Submit.
Successful submission is indicated by a confirmation banner and the new GFID appears on My Requests and the GFID page.
An email confirmation is also sent to the entity administrator and requestor.
- Sort / Filter:
- View Details: On the main Globex Firm ID page, expand a listed GFID to view additional details; Order Entry and Market Data Product Groups.
- Delete (): Select delete and the confirmation dialog. The request will appear on My Requests, after it is processed the Status is updated.
- Edit (): Select, then update GFID fields as necessary.
- Field Validation: Fields are validated before advancing to the next screen.
Recommended updates are indicated by an information message.