User Help System
Creating ICC (CME Globex) Account
The following instructions illustrate the process to create a clearing account, entitled for Inline Credit Controls (ICC).
ICC Account Creation Overview:
- Clearing Account Settings: Clearing Firm, unique account number, relationships to entities, additional account configuration.
- Clearing Account Services: Select ICC (CME Globex) tab, then complete additional fields.
- Execution Firm(s): Entity authorized to use the account for order submission (trade).
The Execution Firm ID is three alphanumeric characters. Sometimes this is the same as the Clearing Firm ID. Executing Firm ID is also called: Execution Firm, Executing Firm, CME Globex API, CME Globex API ID, Trading Member Firm (TMF), Trading Firm and Badge Firm.
- Credit Controls: Set account level product trading limits.
If the account doesn't exist, select Create New Account.
- On the page that appears, enter Clearing Account Settings.
Available options and required details are dependent on selected clearing firm and options.
Required fields are indicated by a red asterisk (*).
- Clearing member*: Clearing members assume financial and performance responsibility for all transactions executed through them and cleared by CME Clearing whether it is for the account of a customer, member, or their own account.
- Account Number*: The alphanumeric identifier for ClearPort or Globex accounts.
ClearPort: Up to 14 characters.
Globex: Up to 12 characters.
Do not use special characters (%, &, $, #, !, +, *) in the first, or second position.
- Description*: User specified identification details.
- Owner Firm*: The Trading firm owner of this account. Available if the clearing account is designated as Delegated Intermediary (DI); specify by the clearing member firm. Additional details are inherited from Trading Account Owner.
DI (parent) accounts cannot be updated via Bulk upload.
- Asset Manager (Controller) Firm: Enter the name in the field; available choices appear based on the partially entered name.
For DI and sub-accounts: If an asset manager firm is assigned to the clearing account, trading sub-accounts cannot be created and the DI selection will not be available.
- Owner's Primary Business Activity* : Required, when shown.
- Country of Origin*: Required, when shown. Appears when a dynamic (not registered) owner firm is specified.
- House / Customer Indicator*: Indicates whether the account represents customer segregated funds or house funds.
- CTI Code*: CTI1 - An individual member trading for her or her own account, CTI2 - A member firm trading for its proprietary account, CTI3 - A member firm trading for another member, CTI4 - All others individuals.
- Portfolio Margin Futures: Enables the account for the CME Portfolio Margining program for futures.
- Delegated Intermediary (DI): Specified by the clearing member firm administrator.
- Margin Account:
- Enables multiple customer accounts to aggregate trades to calculate OTC trade cross-account margin offsets.
- Associate accounts with clearing member and beneficial owner.
- Designate the master / margin account for CME ClearPort enabled accounts.
To assign accounts to a master / margin account:
- Accounts must be associated with the same Clearing Member Firm, beneficial owner.
- CME ClearPort service must be enabled for the accounts.
For non-CME ClearPort accounts, the margin account is Self, which assigns the same account number as the owner.
- Specify Execution Firm(s)* details.
As you type, matching execution firms appear in a list; select to add.
- Select Create, then specify whether to create as Active or InactiveExample: To configure or modify settings at a later time.
- To complete account creation, go to Managing ICC Credit Controls and set (optional) Clearing Member and Execution Firm product limits.
Note: By default order management uses firm-wide policy settings to manage orders maximum allowable product limits.
To manage order handling from unregistered accounts or for products with unset limits go to Entity Risk Management - Policy & Threshold Settings.