User Help System
Managing Accounts / Credit Controls
The Account Edit function is used by authorized firm administrators to edit information for an existing account or prior to account activation. Only accounts with full entitlements can edit, deactivate, delete, copy, bulk upload accounts.
Example: A firm administrator entitled for CME ClearPort cannot edit CME Globex accounts.
- Go to the Accounts page, then perform a search.
From the results that appear, select a blue hyperlinked account number.
NOTE: If text is displayed in red, the assigned product or entity is no longer eligible due to assigned permissions. Contact GAM for details.
- From the page that appears, select to view details and instructions:
- Account Functions
- Clearing Account Settings
- Account Details
- Credit Controls
- Copy Account
- Uploading account updates
- Suspend / Allow Execution Firm Order Entry
- Save Updates
- Bulk Upload
- Clearing member*: Clearing members assume financial and performance responsibility for all transactions executed through them and cleared by CME Clearing whether it is for the account of a customer, member, or their own account.
- Account Number*: The alphanumeric identifier for ClearPort or Globex accounts.
ClearPort: Up to 14 characters.
Globex: Up to 12 characters.
Do not use special characters (%, &, $, #, !, +, *) in the first, or second position.
- Description*: User specified identification details.
- Owner Firm*: The Trading firm owner of this account. Available if the clearing account is designated as Delegated Intermediary (DI); specify by the clearing member firm. Additional details are inherited from Trading Account Owner.
DI (parent) accounts cannot be updated via Bulk upload.
- Asset Manager (Controller) Firm: Enter the name in the field; available choices appear based on the partially entered name.
For DI and sub-accounts: If an asset manager firm is assigned to the clearing account, trading sub-accounts cannot be created and the DI selection will not be available.
- Owner's Primary Business Activity* : Required, when shown.
- Country of Origin*: Required, when shown. Appears when a dynamic (not registered) owner firm is specified.
- House / Customer Indicator*: Indicates whether the account represents customer segregated funds or house funds.
- CTI Code*: CTI1 - An individual member trading for her or her own account, CTI2 - A member firm trading for its proprietary account, CTI3 - A member firm trading for another member, CTI4 - All others individuals.
- Portfolio Margin Futures: Enables the account for the CME Portfolio Margining program for futures.
- Delegated Intermediary (DI): Specified by the clearing member firm administrator.
- Margin Account:
- Enables multiple customer accounts to aggregate trades to calculate OTC trade cross-account margin offsets.
- Associate accounts with clearing member and beneficial owner.
- Designate the master / margin account for CME ClearPort enabled accounts.
To assign accounts to a master / margin account:
- Accounts must be associated with the same Clearing Member Firm, beneficial owner.
- CME ClearPort service must be enabled for the accounts.
For non-CME ClearPort accounts, the margin account is Self, which assigns the same account number as the owner.
- ClearPort Clearing: Account Attributes
- CME Direct: iLink Session ID, Broker Permissions, Market Type, Products
- ICC: Execution Firms, Credit Control
Configuration options include:
- Removethe Service: After confirming removal, the account will not be able to submit orders for markets and products.
- Edit Account Attributes / Details / Configuration: For details on editable fields, refer to Service (Platform) descriptions: ClearPort Clearing, CME Direct (CME Globex), ICC (CME Globex).
- Account Attributes (ClearPort Clearing), iLink Sessions (CME Direct), Execution Firms (ICC)
- Broker Permissions
- Market Type
- Market Type Permissions: Goes to Step 3 - Market Type Permissions.
- Product Permissions: Goes to Step 4 - Product Permissions.
- Broker Permissions: Broker Permissions: ClearPort and CME Direct only.
Goes to Step 4 - Broker Permissions.
- RAV (CME ClearPort) / Credit Limit (CME Globex)
- Permissible Products
- After editing each section, select Save. or select the next tab.
Updates are effectively immediately.
- Copy: Copy current account configuration as the basis for a new account.
- Bulk Upload / Creating / Editing multiple accounts: Create and update multiple accounts via an upload process; using an existing account as a template.
- Suspend Order Entry / Allow Order Entry: To Prevent / Allow order submission from the currently selected account, select an account, select the ICC (CME Globex) tab, then select Suspend / Allow Order Entry.
- Save / Finalize:
- Activate: To activate the account later, search and select the inactive / pending account. From the Account Settings page, select Activate ().
- Deactivate: After confirming deactivation, the account cannot submit orders for previously authorized services.
- Delete: From the Account Settings page, Delete the account, then confirm the selection.