User Help System
Using EBS Requests functionality, authorized users can create and manage entity information that affects EBS order handling.
After requests are submitted, they will have a status of In-Progress until they are processed daily beginning at 4pm CT. Then they are processed and assigned a status of Completed or Failed. If a request fails, the reason for the failure will be included in the request details on the My Requests page.
If you are new to using the CME Group test environments or AutoCert+ and CME Request Center NR/Cert, please start your certification process using the steps in Process Summary: EBS New Release Testing Setup.
Users may submit requests for the following:
- Order entry sessions to manage bidirectional order entry messages and secure key pairs for the sessions.
- Globex Firm IDs (GFID) and Globex User Signatures (GUS) to use when requesting sessions.
-A company can have more than one GFID and GUS for each venue (market).
-A GFID can only be assigned to one company.
-A GUS can only be assigned to one company.
- Secure key pairs for Drop Copy, Order Entry and Market Data sessions.
Users can generate and manage the secure key pairs (Access Key ID + Secret Key) that must be used for authentication during the secure logon process for Drop Copy, order entry and market data sessions (see EBS documentation for details).
- Once created, credentials are accessible and available for multiple downloads in CME Request Center NR/Cert.
- A customer can have up to two secure key pairs for a Session ID for up to four weeks, after which the older secure key pair is automatically expired.
- A newly created secure key pair will have a status of active, i.e. valid for logon.
- The first secure key pair will expire in four weeks after the market close.
- If a customer generates a third secure key pair:
- One of the existing secure key pairs will be deleted, effective immediately, based on the customer selection.
- The remaining secure key pair will expire in four weeks after the market close.
For security reasons, CME Group requires customers to change their security credentials every 12 months. Notification regarding pending security credential expiration will be sent to registered administrators.