About Natural Gas
Henry Hub Natural Gas (NG) Futures allow market participants significant hedging activity to manage risk in the highly volatile natural gas price, which is driven by weather-related demand. They also provide efficient transactions in and out of positions. Natural gas futures are:
- The third-largest physical commodity futures contract in the world by volume
- Widely used as a national benchmark price for natural gas, which continues to grow as a global and U.S. energy source
- An independent, stand-alone commodity
Things to know about the contracts:
- Natural gas futures prices are based on delivery at the Henry Hub in Louisiana.
- Traded electronically on CME Globex and off-exchange for clearing only as an EFS, EFP or block trade through CME ClearPort.
- Options types include American, calendar spread, European and daily.
Read more about Henry Hub Natural Gas (NG) Futures
View our Henry Hub Natural Gas Futures Toolkit