Inline Credit Controls
CME Group offers optional, pre-trade risk management capability through the Inline Credit Controls (ICC); allowing Clearing Member and Executing Firms to set daily position limits for CME Globex, per product, at the account level. Orders are evaluated and processed on an in-line, pre-execution basis.
- Daily quantity position limits are applied per product at the account level.
- Positions reset to flat at the end of the day.
- Good 'Til Cancel (GTC) and Good 'Til Date (GTD) orders roll-over and are calculated in the next trading day’s working orders.
- No latency differential; all Globex orders are subject to the same ICC processing, whether accounts are registered for ICC.
From Friday 7:00 PM EST through Sunday 1:00 PM EST, CME Account Manager undergoes scheduled maintenance. During this period, view and configuration functionality is not accessible.
- Admin Settings: Clearing and Execution firm-wide administrative configuration, including Policy and Alerts.
- Accounts: Create ICC enabled accounts. Authorized administrators can enable existing accounts for ICC.
- Credit Controls:
- Set ICC product limits.
Clearing Member and Executing Firm Risk Administrators can view, but cannot update the others' account limits.
The most restrictive limit applies to orders.
- Suspend execution firm order entry.
- Download ICC configuration to a .csv file, to facilitate multiple account, product, policy, alert updates.
- Upload: From an updated .csv file update multiple Account, Credit Control, Alerts, Policies.
- Audit Trails: View historical configuration updates.
- Alerts: For a given account, configure email alerts when a threshold (of overall account / product limits) breach specified limits.
Example: When an account breaches 80% of a given risk limit (credit or product), send an email to up to specified recipients.
ICC Video tutorials: This video Illustrates the process to create / manage ICC enabled accounts and set / update product limits; including the ability to upload updates for multiple accounts or products.