- The customer can modify their resting quotes by sending in another Mass Quote message with the same tag 107-SecurityDesc and tag 299-QuoteEntryID.
- Unique Quote IDs:
- Tag 299-QuoteEntryID must be unique per session per day. This unique identifier is the responsibility of the customer and is not validated.
- Tag 117-QuoteID must be unique per session per day.
- Tag 302-QuoteSetID must be unique per message.
- If there is a resting quote from the same customer with a different tag 299-QuoteEntryID, CME Globex platform rejects incoming quotes and cancels the resting quote for the same instrument.
- Incoming quotes replace resting quotes from the same customer provided they have the same tag 299-QuoteEntryID.
- A modification of a quote entails changing either or both of the values associated with the price and quantity of one or more sides of a quote.
- If you modify price and quantity of a quote by setting both it to '"0', the quote is cancelled.", the new quote will be rejected and the resting quote will be cancelled
- Customers may perform the following types of modifications:
- Modify both sides of an existing quote.
- Modify one side of an existing quote and leave the opposite side unchanged.
- Cancel one side of a resting quote and leave the opposite side unchanged.
- Cancel one side of a resting quote and modify the opposite side.
- Cancel both sides of a resting quote.
- Modify only one side (bid or sell) of a resting quote by using the appropriate bid or offer quantity and price tags in a new Mass Quote message.