The Risk Management Interface (RMI) is a risk management system consisting of a Web Services API and a user interface (GUI) that provides Clearing Member Firms (CMF) the capability to perform the following:
- View current block/unblock instructions
- Query Product/Exchange information
- View block/unblock history (GUI only)
- Block/Unblock order entry at the following levels:
- Execution Firm
- Futures/Options (derivative type)
- Cancel working orders at the following levels (API only):
- Account + Execution Firm + Exchange
- Account + Execution Firm + All Exchanges supported by Clearing Firm
CMFs can use their own certified risk management system or certified third-party risk management applications to programmatically send instructions to the API to Block, Unblock, and View Active blocks.
This topic includes:
Logical System Flow
The diagram below shows how the Clearing Member Firm (CMF) Risk Admin can use the RMI to manage trading permissions and activity transacted on CME Globex.
Client System Certification
Certification for RMI API is mandatory.
For more information on development and certification testing, please contact Certification Support for Electronic Trading (CSET).
RMI Schema Files
The RMI Schema files are available over FTP for each environment at the following locations:
The CME Global Command Center (GCC) Support has access to the RMI 24 hours a day for the Production environment; from 2:00 pm Sunday through 4:30 pm Friday, CT. Please contact . The GCC accepts support requests from registered clients. If you are not registered, ask your Clearing Member Firm Administrator to call on your behalf.