Five historical reports that are related to the physical storage and delivery of CBOT products. This includes updated registered warehouse receipts and shipping certificates by zone, daily stocks of grain received and shipped at close of business, deliverable stocks of grains, daily amount of metal delivered and daily amount of metal deposited.
- Daily Receipts and Shipments - inventories and movements of those inventories into and out of grain facilities across our network. Tracks quantities shipped and received across rail, truck, and barge conveyances.
- Registrar Metals Delivery - Inventories, deposits, and withdrawals of metal from base metal facilities, as well as how much of these metals are eligible for delivery against their respective contracts.
- Registrar Metals Depository - Inventories, deposits, and withdrawals of metal from precious metal facilities, as well as how much of these metals are eligible for delivery against their respective contracts.
- Registrar SOG (stocks of grain) - Final inventory as of EOD of the prior trading day of grain products.
- DCUR (Deliverable commodities under registration) - Total number of registered warehouse receipts and shipping certs by zone for ag products.
Reports typically go back to 2004 for Registrar Data.
What is the file format of this data?
- The files come in CSV format.
How many files are available per day?
One file per data set is available.
What is the delivery frequency of the data?
The Resistrar SOG data set is available every Tuesday. All other files are daily files.
What time will the files be delivered each day?
- Daily Receipts and Shipments – 11am CST
- Registrar Metals Delivery – 2pm CST
- Registrar Metals Depository - 2 pm CST
- Registrar SOG (stocks of grain) – 12pm CST (every Tuesday)
- DCUR (Deliverable commodities under registration) – 4pm CST
Are there any rules regarding confidentiality that I should know about when requesting historical Registrar data?
Typically, any historical data has been published to the general public. Unless otherwise noted, historical Registrar data is not confidential.
Are the files compressed?
Are sample files available?
How far back historically does each dataset go?
Reports typically go back to 2004.
Is there a certain process I must use to be able to use the data?
No. For data inquiries: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of the data you’re requesting. A member of the team will reply if any more information is required.
What reports are available for distribution?
Any report published to the CME Group ‘Registrar Reports’ page can be reproduced for distribution.
Daily Receipts and Shipments
|Activity Date||A||5/7/2009||MM/DD/YYYY||Prior Trading Day|
|Area||C||CHICAGO||String||Regional Zone that facility is located in|
|Received||D||742||String||Count Received (Bushels)|
Registrar Metals Delivery & Registered Metals Depository
|Activity date||A||5/7/2009||MM/DD/YYYY||Prior Trading Day|
Unit of measurement
|Delivery Point||D||ANTWERP, BELGIUM||String||Facility location|
|Registered - Prev Total||E||177.7||String||Receipt and shipment activity|
|Registered - Received|
|177.7||String||Receipt and shipment activity|
|Registered - Withdrawn|
|177.7||String||Receipt and shipment activity|
|Registered - Net Change||H||177.7||String||Receipt and shipment activity|
|Registered - Adjustment|
|173.5||String||Receipt and shipment activity|
|Registered - Total Today||J||177.7||String||Receipt and shipment activity|
|Eligible - Prev Total||K||177.7||String||Receipt and shipment activity|
|Eligible - Received||L||177.7||String||Receipt and shipment activity|
|Eligible - Withdrawn||M||177.7||String||Receipt and shipment activity|
|Eligible - Net Change||N||177.7||String||Receipt and shipment activity|
|Eligible - Adjustment||O||177.7||String||Receipt and shipment activity|
|Eligible - Total Today||P||177.7||String||Receipt and shipment activity|
|Total - Prev Total||Q||177.7||String||Receipt and shipment activity|
|Total - Received||R||177.7||String||Receipt and shipment activity|
|Total - Withdrawn||S||177.7||String||Receipt and shipment activity|
|Total - Net Change||T||177.7||String||Receipt and shipment activity|
|Total - Adjustment||U||177.7||String||Receipt and shipment activity|
|Total - Total Today||V||177.7||String||Receipt and shipment activity|
|Report Date||A||5/7/2009||MM/DD/YYYY||Date report was published|
Defined zone in which facility is located
Number of certificates/receipts
|Activity Date||G||5/7/2009||MM/DD/YYYY||Date of last change|
|Previous Registered Total||H||177.7||String||Quantity of certs/receipts prior to most recent change|
|Previous Activity Date||I||5/7/2009||MM/DD/YYYY||Date of change prior to most recent|
|Activity Date||A||5/7/2009||MM/DD/YYYY||Final trading day of prior week (typically Friday, unless Friday is a holiday in which case it would be Thursday)|
|Total Deliverable Grades||D||177||String||Total number of stocks deliverable against futures contracts|
Stocks not deliverable against futures
Commodity Credit Corporation stocks of grain. Mostly only used in rice now
Total number of deliverable, non deliverable, and CCC stocks
|Soft Red Winter||H||177||String||Wheat Variety|
|Hard Red Winter||I||177||String|
|Dark Northern Spring|
|Northern Spring||K||177||String||Wheat Variety|