The RMI responds to malformed messages using the FIXML Business Message Reject message. The following criteria can result in a Business Reject message:
- Header information is inaccurate
- Message type is not recognized or supported
- Information within a recognized message is missing
- Request is submitted for an Execution Firm or Exchange the Clearing Member Firm (CMF) is not authorized to act upon.
- Message does not conform to xml schema.
The values that support the Business Reject message are:
- 1=Unknown ID
- 2=Unknown security
- 3=Unsupported message type
- 5=Conditionally required field is missing
- 6=Not authorized
- 100= PtyEntlmntReq accepted but unable to return PtyEntlmntRpt
- 101= Request Timed Out
Business Reject Message Example
The following diagram depicts the message flow for Business Reject Message when the Execution Firm number is not entered in the header.
Below is an example of a Business Reject message: