Use this search bar to search topics within Drop Copy Order Entry Session Layer.
This topic provides information on how to develop the basic functionality required for a client system to connect to and maintain a FIX session on CME Globex. This functionality is known as the Session layer, also referred to as the Administration layer. The Session layer entails the establishing and maintaining a FIX session over Drop Copy 4.0 on a TCP/IP connection which enables the sending and receiving of business messages between the client and the host over that session throughout the course of a trading day.
- Drop Copy Session Layer - Fault Tolerance
- Drop Copy Session Layer - Logon
- Drop Copy Session Layer - Heartbeat
- Drop Copy Session Layer - Logout
- Drop Copy Session Layer - Resend Request
- Drop Copy Sequence Reset - Dual Reset
- Drop Copy Session Layer - Message Sequence Numbers
- Drop Copy Session Layer - Test Request
- Drop Copy Session Level Reject
Session layer functionality can be categorized into messaging features and system features as follows: