Back to top
US Equity Index prices rose to end the week, even as the debate over further stimulus continues in Washington. After a lot of back and forth in several CME Group asset classes, we’ve recapped the weekly price and volatility moves below (as of mid-afternoon). Of note,
- US Equity prices rallied and volatility declined
- WTI Crude Oil prices were up 11% and volatility in the options markets declined substantially
- Gold was near steady on the week
- Soybean prices and volatility were both up substantially
- US T-Bond futures prices declined and volatility rose slightly, though came down from the higher levels we saw on Tuesday. The decline in prices represents an increase in implied yield from .8% to over 1% in the T-Bond futures contract
As always, we wish all of our In FOCUS readers a happy and safe weekend!