Back to top
Well, that’s one way to start a new calendar year… after a week full of both market and political volatility, we’ve used QuikStrike data to summarize the first week of 2021 in a format that should be familiar to regular In FOCUS readers. Of note,
- Despite that the net price change on the week in the E-mini S&P 500, Nasdaq-100 and Gold futures was near flat, there was significant price movement to get there
- WTI Crude Oil prices have continued to rise though the out of the money Puts were bid relative to the Calls
- US Bond futures prices fell by over 4 points resulting in an implied yield increase from 1.2% to 1.4% presumably on the belief that the US Government will continue to issue increasing amounts of debt
- Soybean prices and volatility continue to rise significantly
- And of course Bitcoin continues its “parabolic” rally; up 40% while 30-day implied volatility has risen to 144%!
We hope you have a great weekend and we’ll see you next week!