Silver's dual role as both a precious metal for investment as well as an industrial metal for commercial use makes our silver futures and options contracts invaluable financial instruments worldwide. Affected by mine production, industrial demand, and the general health of the world economy, the price of silver can be volatile beyond what many consider acceptable risk. CME Group COMEX Silver Futures contracts serve as a global benchmark that provides market users with:
- Liquidity, ease of access and unparalleled price transparency via a central point of price information;
- Risk management, mitigation of counterparty credit risk and CFTC oversight.
Things to know about the contracts:
- Include full (5,000-oz.) and miNY (2,500-oz.) silver contracts.
- Available on the CME Globex electronic trading platform, on the trading floor in New York and for over-the-counter (OTC) clearing through CME ClearPort.
- Trade a combined average daily volume of more than 57,000 contracts.
- List for 60 months forward, enabling the establishment of a forward price curve.
- Approved depositories for the storage of silver deliverable against COMEX Silver Futures contracts include Brinks Inc., HSBC, Bank USA, Manfra Tordella & Brookes Inc., Scotia-Mocatta, Delaware Depository Service Company and J.P. Morgan Chase.
- Price may be managed separately from physical supply.
Read more about Silver Futures and Options