• Change in Performance Bond Requirements for Copper, Silver and Palladium
• Copper Futures: New Records for Trading Volume
• Copper Calendar Swap Futures
• Listing: U.S Midwest Aluminum Swap Futures
• CRU 11th World Copper Conference
• White Paper: An Introduction to Trading Volatility and the Gold VIX
• Find Quote Vendor Symbols by Distributor, Asset Class or Product Name
• Real-Time Quotes: CME DataSuite
• Professional Metals Market Commentary on www.cmegroup.com
• Don't Miss a Minute of CME Group News!
Metals Update Archive
Change in Performance Bond Requirements for Copper, Silver and Palladium
The new rates will be effective after the close of business on Monday, April 16, 2012. For more information and to receive advanced notification of performance bond rate changes, you can subscribe to our free automated mailing list. From the link below, please scroll to Advisories at the bottom of the page, click "To Subscribe", and select the advisories you'd like to receive.
Read Full Advisory Notice and Subscribe
Copper Futures: New Records for Trading Volume
With average volume of more than 50,000 contracts traded per day, the COMEX Copper futures contract is one of most liquid trading instruments in the world. February of this year saw Copper futures trading activity on COMEX hit new records for trading volume. The flagship 25,000-lb Copper futures contract set a new volume record on April 10 with 127,276 contracts traded, besting the previous high of 109,426 contracts traded on February 9. The increased market activity has resulted in the average daily volume for our Copper futures contract edging higher to approach the 80,000 level. The record volumes were set in the backdrop of an improved macroeconomic outlook in the U.S. and Asia and concerns about eurozone debt dissipating --- conditions that have supported a recovery in copper prices.
Copper futures are hedging tools that offer price mitigation opportunities to a range of copper market participants. They also provide global price discovery and opportunities for portfolio diversification.
See Full Copper Futures Contract Specifications
Copper Calendar Swap Futures
Copper Calendar Swap Futures began actively trading on April 3, 2012.
See Full Contract Specifications
For more information, please contact:
Joann Arena +1 212 299 2356
Young-Jin Chang +1 312 466 4637
Bob Biolsi at +1 212 299 2610
Listing: U.S Midwest Aluminum Swap Futures
Effective for trade date April 30, 2012: Aluminum Midwest (MW) U.S. Transaction Premium Platts (25MT) Swap Futures.
Read Full Press Release
CRU 11th World Copper Conference
April 16-18, 2012
Commodities research and consultantcy firm CRU, which specializes in mining and metals, reports that, despite a tough global economic climate, demand for copper remains high, with medium term supply constraints underpinning bullish sentiment. Hear more from CRU analysts as well as a host of metals industry experts at the CRU 11th World Copper Conference.
Key speakers include:
See CRU 11th World Copper Conference Full Website
- Hernán de Solminihac Tampier, Minister of Mining, Government of Chile
- Diego Hernández C., President & Chief Executive Officer, CODELCO
- Andrew Harding, CEO, Copper Division, Rio Tinto
- Dr. Hélyette Geman, Director, Commodity Finance Centre at BirkBeck, University of London
- Vanessa Davidson, Group Manager, Copper, CRU
- Michael Widmer, Head of Metals Research, Bank of America-Merril Lynch
- Michael Lion, Chairman & Director, Sims Metal Management Asia Limited
White Paper: An Introduction to Trading Volatility and the Gold VIX
This White paper is an introduction to trading volatility and the Gold VIX®. Volatility trading has become an important feature of the financial markets and has become an asset class in its own right. Gold volatility has become a key measure for gauging as well as weathering recurring turmoil in the world economy as well as the financial markets. This paper explores how Gold volatility in recent years has become an important means of financial diversification.
Read the White paper
Find Quote Vendor Symbols by Distributor, Asset Class or Product Name
This listing contains the quote vendor symbols for products listed by CME Group. Choose an asset class from the tabs at the bottom first, or search by product name. In each Asset Class, derivatives products are listed out by name, and sorted by select distributors, with venue symbols for open outcry, CME ClearPort, and CME Globex, as applicable.
See Vendor Listing
Real-Time Quotes: CME DataSuite
CME Group offers FREE real-time market data on select CME Group products — in one central location.
Learn more or sign up here
Professional Metals Market Commentary on www.cmegroup.com
Want an experienced perspective to help you make smart metals trading decisions?
Be sure to check out the Metals Market Commentary on cmegroup.com/metals.
The daily commentaries provide:
- A recap of each product's traded price activity
- Analysis of the factors that influenced price activity
- Recap of all reports released that day
- A look ahead at the next day's schedule.
Visit the page daily for the latest market commentary on a variety of asset classes.
View Metals Market Commentary
Don't Miss a Minute of CME Group News!
Visit our Subscription Center and choose to receive the information you need most, including CME Globex updates, market data notices, product and partner subscriptions, advisories, newsletters and more. You choose, we deliver.