Outright Vanilla Order for Futures
The Outright Vanilla Order for Futures test verifies that you can submit a Limit Order and receive and process the Acknowledgment and Fill messages for an outright instrument.
Note: This test is mandatory if you answered "Futures" to the question, "What types of Instruments will your system support?" in the interview.
- To run an outright vanilla order for futures test:
- From the Contract drop-down, select the desired contract if the contract is not already locked.
- Click the "START TEST" button.
Note: DO NOT select the "START TEST" button once the test process is in progress.
- Submit a Limit Day order (tag 35-MsgType=D, tag 40-OrdType=2, tag 59-TimeInForce=0) for one of the instruments.
After the New Order message is received, CME Group sends an Execution Report - Confirmation/Acknowledgment.
CME Group sends an Execution Report - Fill Notice (tag 35-MsgType=8, tag 39-OrdStatus=2) for the order, returning a complete fill.
- Determine if your system processed the Execution Report - Confirmation/Acknowledgment message correctly. Select "Yes" or "No".
CME Group sends an Execution Report - Fill Notice for the order, returning a complete fill.
- Determine if your system processed the Execution Report - Fill Notice message correctly. Enter the following information and click the Submit button:
- Order Status (tag 39-OrdStatus)
- Price received (tag 31-LastPx)
- Quantity received (tag 38-OrderQty)