Effective close of business today, February 3, 2012, the New York Mercantile Exchange, Inc. (NYMEX or Exchange) will delist certain contract days currently listed for Brent CFD (Platts) vs. Brent Front Month (Platts) Swap futures (commodity code 1C; chapter 319) and certain contract weeks for Brent CFD (Platts) vs. Brent Front Month (Platts) Weekly Swap futures (commodity code CFA; chapter 1144), respectively. As previously published in Special Executive Report (SER) 6093, dated January 25, 2012, the Exchange announced the implementation of new listing schedules for products 1C and CFA as a result of changes implemented by Platts, the final settlement index provider, to the publication schedule for the first month cash Brent crude oil price assessment.
The new listing schedules for each of products 1C and CFA, which will become effective on trade date February 13, 2012 pending all relevant CFTC regulatory review periods, resulted in the delisting of the following products:
The contract days below will be delisted effective close of business February 3, 2012.
· February 2012 calendar month: contract days 13 through 17, 20 through 24, and 27 through 29.
· March 2012 calendar month: contract days 8 and 9, 12 through 16, 19 through 23, and 26 through 30.
· April 2012 calendar month: contract days 10 through 13, 16 through 20, 23 through 27 and 30. Please note that April 6 and April 9 are UK Bank Holidays and therefore were not originally listed.
The contract weeks below will be delisted effective close of business February 3, 2012.
· February 2012 calendar month: 1 week: February 13 through 17.
· March 2012 calendar month: 2 weeks: March 5 through 9 and March 12 through 16.
· April 2012 calendar month: 1 week: April 10 through 13. Please note that April 9 is a UK Bank Holiday and therefore was not originally listed as part of the weekly contract.
There is no open interest in the contracts being delisted.
Please refer questions on this subject to:
Research and Product Development:
Richard Stevens Richard.Stevens@cmegroup.com +44 20 7796 7129
Dan Brusstar Daniel.Brusstar@cmegroup.com 212.299.2604
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. The company is comprised of four Designated Contract Markets (DCMs). Further information on each exchange's rules and product listings can be found by clicking on the links to CME, CBOT, NYMEX and COMEX.