CME Globex Performance Enhancements
Starting Sunday, January 5 (trade date Monday, January 6), performance enhancements will be launched on the following CME Globex markets. With this launch, internal testing indicates:
- iLink latency will improve up to 30%.
- Per event, iLink fill notices (tag 35-MsgType=8, tag 39-OrdStatus=1 or 2) will be published before or at the same time as the last market data trade message
- For each individual trade, iLink fill notices will be published before or at the same time as the associated market data trade messages
- Due to performance improvements, packets per second (PPS) on implied MDP channels may increase up to 100%
These enhancements are part of our ongoing efforts to provide best-in-class technology and service on CME Globex.
January 5, 2014
- CME FX futures; tag 1300-MarketSegmentID=62
- CBOT equity futures; tag 1300=66
- NYMEX and COMEX options; tag 1300=56
January 12, 2014
- CME e-mini S&P 500 futures; tag 1300=64
- CME FX options; tag 1300=52
- CBOT commodity and equity options; tag 1300=60
- Eurodollar options; tag 1300=50
January 19, 2014
- CBOT treasury options; tag 1300=58
- CME equity options; tag 1300=54
January 26, 2014
- CBOT treasury futures; tag 1300=84
February 2, 2014
- NYMEX crude energy futures; tag 1300=80
February 9, 2014
- CME Eurodollar futures; tag 1300=82
February 23, 2014
- CME and CBOT Commodity futures; tag 1300=70 and 72
- Hosted PE markets and NYMEX emissions futures; tag 1300=74
New Public Source IPs for Certification and New Release Environment
At customers’ requests to increase network flexibility, the Certification and New Release Environments will move from private to public source IPs for iLink, Drop Copy and FIX/FAST market data channels at the close of business on Friday, January 24, 2014. If a firewall or network device is configured with the source IP information, please correct your configuration to use the entire range of eligible addresses.
- Customers will receive the new public IPs for iLink via an AutoCert+ generated email on Wednesday, December 18, 2013. Subsequent email reminders will be sent prior to the close of business on Friday, January 24, 2014. If you require the new public IPs before Wednesday, December 18, 2013, please contact Global Account Management or Certification Support for Electronic Trading (CSET).
- All testing Drop Copy ID in the Certification and New Release Environments will be deleted on Friday, January 24, 2014. Please contact Global Account Management to obtain new Drop Copy IDs to access Drop Copy testing environments.
FIX/FAST Market Data Channels
- Port, multicast addresses, and source IPs for FIX/FAST market data channels are available in the config.xml file on the CME Group FTP site. A new config.xml will be available for customer download in Certification and New Release starting Monday, December 16, 2013.
New iLink Architecture in 2014
In 2014, CME Group will launch a new iLink architecture with design and network enhancements. The new architecture is designed to:
- Extend First In, First Out (FIFO) message handling from the trading engine to the order entry gateway
- Reduce variability
- Harden risk management for order entry bursts
Details on the new iLink Architecture roadmap can be found online.
This release will be phased in as follows:
- January 26
- New IPs for existing iLink sessions
- February 2
- Phase 1: iLink Market Segment Gateway for Trade At Settlement (TAS) products
- March 14
- New network architecture and hardware for order entry
- 2nd Half of 2014
- Market Segment Gateways for all markets
Further details on each of these phases will be published in the CME Globex Notices.
New IPs for Existing iLink Sessions
Effective Sunday, January 26, to prepare for the upcoming network changes, all production iLink session IPs that end in an even-numbered octet will be changed to an odd-numbered octet. Customers can determine their new IP by adding 13 to the last octet of their current IP. This table lists the impacted current IPs and their new assigned IP. This change only affects production iLink IPs.
A telnet connectivity test for the new IPs will be offered Saturday, January 25. All impacted customers are encouraged to test their new configurations.
CME Group encourages customers to evaluate their session needs and delete any sessions that are no longer needed. Please contact your Global Account Manager with any questions.
Phase 1: iLink Market Segment Gateway
Effective Sunday, February 2 (trade date Monday, February 3), the new Phase 1 iLink Market Segment Gateway (MSGW) will launch in production. This new gateway will extend FIFO message handling to the gateway; currently, FIFO is assured at the trading engine only. In addition, these MSGWs leverage cutting-edge technology to provide the lowest latency solution. The current iLink gateways (Convenience Gateways) will continue to be supported.
With this launch, access to the TAS markets during the early minutes of the pre-open will be restricted to the new Phase 1 MSGW sessions. Five minutes before the market opens, TAS orders will be accepted through any iLink session.
New iLink sessions will be issued on the Phase 1 MSGW upon request, to a maximum of five new sessions per Executing Firm.
The new Phase 1 MSGW is currently available for customer testing in New Release. To facilitate testing the different access configurations, the trading schedule for TAS markets in New Release will be adjusted to pre-open every 30 minutes, from 5:30 p.m. Central Time, Sunday – Thursday through 1:30 p.m. Monday – Friday.
Contact your Global Account Manager to request a new Production or New Release Phase 1 MSGW session.
New CME Globex Market Data Protocol
In Q2 2014, CME Group is introducing Market Data Platform (MDP) 3.0, a low latency and direct data access solution designed to improve customers' ability to process and act on real-time price information. The protocol production dates will be announced in future CME Globex and Market Data Notices.
Important Update: Based on customer feedback, MDP 3.0 is being updated with a new trade reporting functionality. This update will impact the message layouts and require a new template for trade messages only. The Client Impact Assessment has been updated to reflect the new trade messaging, which will be available for testing in New Release in early Q2 2014. Customers should not develop to the current trade reporting messages, since it will be changed before the production launch; all other messaging and functionality will remain unchanged.
MDP 3.0 includes:
- Simple Binary Encoding (SBE); replaces the current FAST compression model
- FIX 5.0 (SP2) Market by Price messaging formats
- Event-driven market price and trade information
- Enhanced market state dissemination
- Increased timestamp granularity
- Trade identifier on both market data and order entry messages
The client impact assessment, functional specifications, and message specifications provide detailed functionality and messaging information.
MDP 3.0 channels and functionality are currently available in New Release.
A new MDP 3.0 certification suite will be available in AutoCert+. Customer systems receiving market data via CME Globex must complete this mandatory certification.
Real Logic Ltd. and Informatica have collaborated to create open source tools that provide extensive support for Simple Binary Encoding (SBE), the messaging standard developed through The Financial Information Exchange (FIX) Trading Community. The SBE decoders will create an environment that can be used directly by customers or treated as a reference implementation that can be extended into custom solutions tailored to individual customer’s needs. The information and tool are open to the public under an Apache Public License and available here.
Please contact your Global Account Manager with any questions or concerns in the U.S. at +1 312 634 8700, in Europe at +44 203 379 3754 or in Asia at +65 6593 5505 for additional information.