Starting November 18, CME Globex Trading Day for Equity Index Products to End at 4:15 p.m. CT
- Change to CME Globex trading hours will coordinate with switch to daily price limits for U.S. Equity Index Products
- Settlement time will remain unchanged (3:15 p.m. CT)
Effective Sunday, November 18 (for first trade date Monday, November 19), the end of the CME Globex trading day for electronically traded equity index futures and options contracts will change from 3:15 p.m. CT to 4:15 p.m. CT. Settlement times will remain unchanged.
Under the revised hours:
· There will be a 15-minute halt in electronic trading from 3:15 p.m.to 3:30 p.m. CT.
· Trading for equity index contracts listed on CME Globex will resume at 3:30 p.m. CT for the same trade date for 45 minutes, closing at 4:15 p.m. CT. This includes Fridays, meaning that the end of trading week on CME Globex will also be changed to 4:15 p.m. CT.
· CME Globex trades that take place during the 3:30 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. time frame will be subject to the daily settlement prices calculated at 3:15 p.m. CT (i.e., settlement times will not change).
· Trading of equity index contracts on CME Globex will be closed from 4:15 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. CT.
· Trading re-opens at 5:00 p.m. on CME Globex (Sundays-Thursdays) for the new trade date.
For the full text of this advisory...
New outline for CME Globex hours and price limits...
FAQ on November 18 changes to Equity Index Hours and Price Limits Resource Center on Equity Index Price Limits/FAQ...