On May 24, 2012, CME Group declared and announced a five-for-one split of its common stock, in the form of a 400 percent stock dividend. The dividend will be paid on July 20, 2012, to shareholders of record on July 10, 2012.
As a result of the stock split, the number of shares necessary for CME, CBOT and NYMEX Rule Corporate Members requiring shares will increase correspondingly. That is, subsequent to the CME Group stock split the share requirements will be:
· CME Rule 106.J.Equity Member: 30,000 Shares
· CBOT Rule 106.J. Equity Member Firm - Full Division: 30,000 Shares
· CBOT Rule 106.J. Equity Member Firm - Associate Membership Division: 8,750 Shares
· CBOT Rule 106.I. Affiliate Member Firm – Full Division: 30,000 Shares
· CBOT Rule 106.I. Affiliate Member Firm – Associate Membership Division: 8,750 Shares
· CBOT Rule 106.I. Affiliate Member Firm – Membership Umbrella: 30,000 Shares
· CBOT Rule 106.S. Family of Funds Equity Member: 30,000 Shares
· NYMEX Rule 106.J. Member Firm: 30,000 Shares
Likewise the CME Group Joint Share Requirement will be 30,000 for one exchange; 45,000 for two exchanges and 60,000 for three exchanges.
Further, corporate members will receive their stock dividend into their account at our transfer agent Computershare on July 21, 2012. Consequently corporate members will automatically meet the updated CME Group Share requirement and will not need to take any action to satisfy the new share requirements necessary for their membership(s) held.
As before, clearing members wishing to receive equity exchange fee rates on their proprietary trading activity will need to maintain CME Group Shares in accordance with Rule 106.J. requirements of the applicable exchange(s). Further, CBOT Clearing Members, which are not also equity member firms of CME or NYMEX and have a grandfathered share requirement of 4,725 shall continue to be grandfathered in with the share requirement adjusted accordingly for the stock split to 23,625.
If you have any questions, please call the Audit Department at (312) 930‑3230.