As previously announced, on Thursday, November 29, CBOT issued an erroneous Deliverable Commodities Under Registration Report shortly after 4 p.m., CT showing 164 wheat shipping certificates registered. That number did not include 2,000 registered wheat shipping certificates from the Andersons’ Conant and Illinois Facilities. CBOT corrected the report on its website at 5:46 p.m., CT. A claims process has been established for any persons who believe that they suffered direct, out-of-pocket losses caused by this incident. All claims must be submitted to the CME Group Legal Department by close of business on December 13, 2012.
- Claim forms are available in the Market Regulation Department and online at:
- Claims must identify the appropriate party or entity which incurred the loss.
- In your description, you must clearly, and in detail, indicate the facts upon which the claim is based, including specific transaction details. Additionally, you must provide evidence of damages, including, among other things, a detailed description explaining how the losses claimed relate to the errant report.
- Claims should include copies of appropriate supporting documentation.
- You may be contacted for additional documentation or clarification if your claim does not include adequate information to support the claim.
- Claims will be allowed only to the extent that they seek direct, out-of-pocket losses directly caused by the errant report.
- Claims will be reviewed by CME staff for a determination whether to allow the claim.
Claim forms should be mailed or hand delivered to:
CME Group Inc.
Attn: Wheat Claims
20 South Wacker Drive
Chicago, Illinois 60606
If you have any questions you may send them to: email@example.com