Financial Milestones in 2011
- Traded 3.4 billion contracts worth more than $1 quadrillion in notional value, which included record average daily volume of 13.4 million contracts.
- Achieved record annual average daily volume for foreign exchange (FX), agricultural commodities, energy and metals product lines.
- Launched CME Clearing Europe, based in London, to serve non-U.S. clients.
- Integrated London-based Elysian Systems to provide single interface for access to energy markets.
- Launched over-the-counter interest rate and credit default swap clearing solutions via CME ClearPort and expanded in FX, agricultural commodities and metals contracts.
- Broadened strategic partnerships with leading global firms including BM&FBOVESPA, Bursa Malaysia, Dubai Mercantile Exchange and the Mexican Derivatives Exchange.
Average Daily Electronic
(in trillions of dollars)
(in dollars per share)
* Excludes $5 per share special dividend
- Interest Rates
- Foreign Exchange
- Agricultural Commodities
Product Line Revenues
(as a percentage of total clearing and transaction fees)