New European Natural Gas Contracts offered for the most liquid gas hubs
CME Clearing Europe now offers clearing services for two gas hubs, UK National Balancing Point (NBP) and NL Trade Transfer Facility (TTF). Representing two thirds of all European gas trading and with most volume traded OTC bilaterally, there was a strong need for clearing services in these two products.
Initially available for the NBP and TTF trading hubs only, CME Clearing Europe offers an OTC give-up service, ensuring no change to the current market practice. Other natural gas products will follow in response to customer demand.
NBP and TTF Offer:
- OTC give-up service with no change to current market practice.
- Physically settled forward contract reflects the dominant product in the OTC market.
- As well as offering OTC give up products for months, quarters and seasons, CME Clearing Europe will also clear daily contracts enabling clearing of within month instruments of Weekend (WE), Working Days Next Week (WDNW), and Balance of Month (BoM).
- Daily cash margining of the forward position ahead of delivery.
- Delivery of any physical position undertaken by leading service providers in the UK gas market.
- Straight Through Processing (STP) from Trayport front end trading screen with real-time trade confirmations.
- Competitive fee pricing with no joining/membership fees and deliveries charged in total on the first day of the delivery period.
- Comprehensive clearing services through CME ClearPort.
UK NBP Natural Gas contract
- CME Clearing Europe (CMECE) is offering access to its clearing services through an OTC forward contract which is notified for physical delivery to the National Grid.
- A physically delivered calendar month forward, and a physically delivered daily forward contract for UK Natural Gas at the NBP.
View Gas Transferor/Gas Transferee Notification Form for UK Natural Gas Contracts
NL TTF Natural Gas contract
- CME Clearing Europe (CMECE) is offering access to its clearing services through an OTC forward contract which is notified for physical delivery to Gas Transport Services.
- A physically delivered calendar month forward, and a physically delivered daily forward contract for NL Natural Gas at the TTF.
View Gas Transferor/Gas Transferee Notification Form for Dutch Natural Gas Contracts