View in Larger Window
This narrated slide tutorial, with photo illustrations and graphics, provides a basic overview of the function and purpose of agricultural futures markets.
- Primary functions of the futures markets:
- Price discovery
- Price risk management, also called hedging
- Agricultural market participants
- Who are the hedgers?
- Who are the speculators?
- Market liquidity
- What liquidity is
- Why it is important
- Price relationships between the cash markets and futures markets
- Types of agricultural futures contracts
- Benefits of CME Group’s agricultural products
- Additional Resources
Approximately 23 minutes. Developed by CME Group.