|M/M percent change||1.7%||-0.7%||0.3%|
|Yr/Yr percent change||-0.8%||-0.4%|
The seasonally adjusted total value of dwelling commitments excluding alterations and additions were down 0.7 percent in November 2014. Expectations were for an increase of 2.0 percent. The total value of owner occupied housing commitments was down 0.2 percent in November 2014. The total value of investment housing commitments was down 2.2 percent.
The seasonally adjusted number of owner occupied housing commitments was up 0.3 percent on the month. The seasonally adjusted estimates were up in Victoria. Declines were recorded in New South Wales, Western Australia, the Northern Territory, South Australia, Tasmania, Queensland and the Australian Capital Territory.
Contain data for secured and unsecured housing finance commitments for owner occupation, commitments for construction or purchase of dwellings for rent or resale, and loans outstanding to individuals/households for housing.
The health of the housing market is always a key element in evaluating the strength of the economy. And it is no different for Australia. The data released here are for secured and unsecured housing finance commitments for owner occupation, commitments for construction or purchase of dwellings for rent or resale, and loan outstanding to individuals/households for housing.
For secured housing finance for owner occupation, these data give the number and value of commitments made by banks, permanent building societies, wholesale lenders not elsewhere classified and other lenders, provided to individuals/households. These commitments are classified by construction of dwellings, the purchase of new and established dwellings, the refinancing of existing dwellings and alterations and additions to dwellings.
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. The company is comprised of four Designated Contract Markets (DCMs). Further information on each exchange's rules and product listings can be found by clicking on the links to CME, CBOT, NYMEX and COMEX.